Honors, Scholars, and Fellows House Blog
- Blog 5 – December – ViewsI would not say that my view of myself has changed, my identity of who I am as a person has only been further confirmed through this year. I just think I have developed and learned more about myself. I feel more confident in my abilities and I have gained a new independence. This yearContinue reading “Blog 5 – December – Views”
- Blog #4 – Meaningful interaction or eventWritten by MJ Ladera on 11/24/2020 Over the past month, one of the places I have volunteered at is the St. Vincent DePaul Food Pantry. At this location, the inside is organized in a manner to look and feel like a small supermarket filled with donated goods. For someone who is food insecure, to beContinue reading “Blog #4 – Meaningful interaction or event”
- Blog #3- Day to Day life during a pandemicWritten by MJ Ladera on 10/31/2020 My daily routine for September varied throughout the month. From September 1st to the 12th, I drove to Kansas City, Kansas, where I was going to stay with my aunt and her family. During the weekdays, I volunteered at the Habitat for Humanity Restore. It is a Goodwill typeContinue reading “Blog #3- Day to Day life during a pandemic”
- Blog #5 — November 2020 — AssumptionsSadly, my time in Hawaii is coming to an end, soon I will be on a plane back home to Florida for the holidays. I am excited to see my family, this is the longest I have been away from them. While I truly settled into this place in Hawaii, my home will always beContinue reading “Blog #5 — November 2020 — Assumptions”
- Blog #4 – October 2020 – WaimanuBy no means am I an experienced hiker. And this trail was a beast: 8 miles long (16 round trip) and 7000 feet in elevation. Steep ups and downs over a huge mountain. And then a mile of really tough switchbacks descending into Waimanu Valley. Six other people and I started the journey on FridayContinue reading “Blog #4 – October 2020 – Waimanu”
The Honors, Scholars, and Fellows House blog is here to share the experiences of undergraduates participating in the wide variety of programs housed in the HSF House. To find out more about what is happening at the HSF House, please visit our website at https://hsf.fsu.edu/.
The Center for Undergraduate Research and Academic Engagement
The FSU Honors Program
Friends of the HSF House
Please visit the HSF House website or our Facebook group to keep up with all of our events and programs.