Honors, Scholars, and Fellows House Blog
- Humbled through flexibilityThe most surprising thing about my GAP year experience is how things ended up falling into place, but not how I expected them to. For example, my original plan was to complete an internship under a dietitian so I could learn more about the human body in terms of food science. Instead, I became theContinue reading “Humbled through flexibility”
- Surprising Thing About my Gap YearWhat surprised me in my gap year is how busy I have turned out to be. During the week days, I am busy for at least 8-10 hours straight. I don’t see this as a problem, just a shock that it has ended up this way. Juggling my responsibilities and my routine was difficult toContinue reading “Surprising Thing About my Gap Year”
- My Day RefereeingOne interaction I had in my gap year that stood out was the first day I refereed. I have done it many years and I always find that the first day is the most entertaining. A lot of kids are brand new and so are the other refs that were assigned to me. So insteadContinue reading “My Day Refereeing”
- Gap Year InteractionThough most of my gap year has been around people I’ve known for a long time, considering I live in my hometown, I am taking note of certain interactions with people around me that encourage me to take a step back and reflect on my life. For example, I was cashiering at my job aContinue reading “Gap Year Interaction”
- Something SurprisingSomething that has surprised me about my gap year so far is the aspect of independence. While I knew that this program would allow me to live independently, I still imagined that it would have rigid structure. I’ve participated in a few programs throughout high-school, and I found that each one of them had aContinue reading “Something Surprising”
The Honors, Scholars, and Fellows House blog is here to share the experiences of undergraduates participating in the wide variety of programs housed in the HSF House. To find out more about what is happening at the HSF House, please visit our website at https://hsf.fsu.edu/.
The Center for Undergraduate Research and Academic Engagement
The FSU Honors Program
Friends of the HSF House
Please visit the HSF House website or our Facebook group to keep up with all of our events and programs.