Honors, Scholars, and Fellows House Blog
- Thalia Mendoza: Understanding the Role of MentorshipMy interest in entrepreneurship, was certainly a relatively new one. It would be hypocritical of me to tell everyone, “I was always interested in entrepreneurship/business”, because that is simply not the case. I always considered myself to be a lifelong learner. I attempted to read about as many topics and issues as I possibly could,Continue reading “Thalia Mendoza: Understanding the Role of Mentorship”
- Callista Payne: Costume, Designers, and Modern StyleNoël Coward changed the front of British Culture through his art, but it was not without help from several talented fashion and costume designers. Both supporting Coward in friendship and through their artistic expertise in his shows, designers like Gladys Calthrop, and Edward Molyneux created designs that will be celebrated now, in the Noël Coward:Continue reading “Callista Payne: Costume, Designers, and Modern Style”
- Emily McGinn: A Look at Coward’s “Mad Dogs and Englishmen”Noël Coward released “Mad Dogs and Englishmen”in 1931 as part of his The Third Little Show Revue. The song remains one of his most popular works and many people still used the phrase “mad dogs and Englishmen” from this song. The song has also been referenced throughout popular culture, such as being performed on TheContinue reading “Emily McGinn: A Look at Coward’s “Mad Dogs and Englishmen””
- Alyssa Sharp: Noël Coward and British NationalismSir Noël Pierce Coward (1899-1973), a British playwright, director, painter, actor, and author, among other things, dabbled within all areas of art during his lifetime. Coward’s friends even referred to him as “The Master” (“Biography.”) due to his constant involvement in and influence upon the arts. Today, we remember him for his countless contributions toContinue reading “Alyssa Sharp: Noël Coward and British Nationalism”
- Shemar Charles: Domi Station and the Future of Remote WorkFor what I will be doing while interning at Domi Station, our meetings will consist of meeting over zoom for the first half of the summer. As means to support social distancing but gradually overtime will be working in face to face alongside Ms. Powers and fellow members of Domi Station. So far what IContinue reading “Shemar Charles: Domi Station and the Future of Remote Work”
The Honors, Scholars, and Fellows House blog is here to share the experiences of undergraduates participating in the wide variety of programs housed in the HSF House. To find out more about what is happening at the HSF House, please visit our website at https://hsf.fsu.edu/.
The Center for Undergraduate Research and Academic Engagement
The FSU Honors Program
Friends of the HSF House
Please visit the HSF House website or our Facebook group to keep up with all of our events and programs.